It’s been quite awhile, but not for lack of activity! I have many, many new things in the works for the coming year, and right now seemed like as best a time as ever to announce them. After all, the best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago; the second best time is now. In the last year, I’ve gone solo as a graphic designer, started school for music production, begun studying social media marketing, and decided to take blogging as a career very seriously. All of these things lead to, you guessed it! New ventures! So what projects have I started working on? Read on to find out:
- A New EP: This is top on my list because it is, in my mind, the most important. Now that I am currently over a third of the way through my music production degree, I feel equipped with the right tools to start making my own music, from the ground up. I’ve been releasing things on my songwriting soundcloud, have tons of new collaborators, and a few shiny new pieces of equipment. Expect to see an EP release before this time next year!
- A Music Production and Curation Blog: It only seems logical that after starting school for music production, I would start a blog about it. I’ve been meaning to start a curation blog for years, but I’ve been scared for lulls and lack of content (I can get very picky!). By starting a joint blog, I’ll be able to see both of these ideas come to fruition without the danger of a content blackout! I promise this one has a little bit of a twist, but I feel behooved to keep it a mystery.
- A (Casual) Plant Blog: Guys, if there were a plant version of the cat lady- I am she. I’ve become her. Upon moving into our new house, I decided that I wanted green in my room, for multiple reasons (Did you know that the presence of plants causes an increase in dopamine levels?!). Somehow, I ended up with over 20 containers in my room, and my collection keeps on growing. This is probably the most half-baked of all of my ideas, but we’ll see how it goes nonetheless! Who knows? Maybe I’ll end up with a nursery!
- A Lifestyle Blog(?): Alright, so I’m in a little bit over my head with this one. I haven’t quite honed it down. Over the course of my dreaming (which has been going on for two years now), this blog has included everything from practical knowledge about being a woman to the philosophical implications of various political opinions to long distance relationships to beauty to travel to self-love, etc. The list keeps going on and on! I think the real problem with this particular idea is it’s scalability and legs. I have too many thoughts and feelings about it to be able to reel it in. But look for the end product nonetheless! It will arrive someday.
- Write a Book About My Eating Disorder: Those who are familiar with the origins of this blog know that it used to be a fitness and nutrition blog, and that I used to post fairly often about exercise, diet, and cooking. Well, (obviously) that’s not the case anymore, and for those of you that missed the post that I wrote (and eventually took down quite some time ago) about my recovery, I had quite a nasty eating disorder that gravely and negatively affected my life for two years. With lots of work and determination, it’s now over, and I’d love to write a book about the journey from point A to point B.
So there you have it! These are my plans for the year, and I’m glad to have them written down and published. (Those who write down their goals are more likely to achieve them!) They may sound ambitious at first, but I’m determined to see them all to fruition! Maybe once I’m able to build just one, the rest will fall into place.
To all those who stumble upon this announcement, and for the subscribers that have been here (and stayed) since the very beginning, thank you for reading!